Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM-PON

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

I would like to test OFDM in PON network, right now I in phase one which is trying to build point to point CO-OFDM. I would like to now what is the different between the three OFDM mod/demod components in optisystem 13.
      any help it will be appreciated

alistu
      Participant

Hi Mohamed,

The OS12 components (the ones with “OS12” on them) are OFDM components that were used in OptiSystem version 12. In OptiSystem version 13 OFDM component has found remarkable changes with some new capabilities being added, and if you want to use this new OFDM component, you can use “OFDM modulation” component.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Mohamed Ben, OS12 blocks are incapable of sending pilot and training symbols. But OFDM block which was added in Optisystem 13 version is capable of sending pilots and training symbols. So, avoid using OS12 blocks if you need channel estimation in your design.
      There are two OS12 blocks. In the block named OFDM Modulator (OS12), you cannot specify the subcarrier locations, perhaps. Whereas, in OFDM Modulator Measured (OS12) block you can specify the location of subcarriers. You can specify which subcarrier is to be null. This can be done in notepad and specifying the path in the OS12 block where the .txt file is located.
      Regards.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I have doubt regarding OS12 blocks and OFDM modulator that being used in optisystem 13 or 14 is that previous one has 4 ports(2 input and 2 output) while later has 5 ports , could anyone explain what is the use of 5th ports in later.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.