Home Forums GENERAL FSO fading models

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

can any one help about selecting the most approrpriate channel fading models for free space optics (FSO).

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hi asif,
      As far as i know optiwave 14 uses gamma-gamma channel model by default. And i am not sure if we are able to change it to some other channel model. You can do one , just mail at optiwave customer support, may be that would help because as of now it is not possible to change the channel models in optiwave 14.

regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

i was also using gamma gammma channel fading model. BUt i want to know if there any other model which better than than the gamma gamma.

if there is, how could i add that in the parameters of FSO in optisystem.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Well i think may be you could do it in Matlab. May be you can write a program in Matlab and create a Matlab module in optiwave and just interface that created Matlab module with optiwave. You can check the updated version of optiwave 14 where they have provided with an option of interfacing Matlab modules with optiwave.
      Best Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

hi aasif

have you tried negative exponetial log normal channel ( reference book- wireless optical communication with matlab by s. rajbhanderi)?

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      thanks all for your valuable reply.but need how could i set the channel in the FSO of optisystem 14.

AS we click on FSO component in optisystem, there are number parameters to be set. like various parameters which i have to set, channel model is one of parameter, i could i use matlab @aabid baba.

with regards.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi prakash,
      please can you post the link of the above mentioned paper??/

prakash jat
      Participant

sorrry aabid
      i don,t have reference paper , i suggest you book as mentioned above

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hi prakash.
      Alright! does it provide with the code for the negative exponential log normal channel model?

prakash jat
      Participant

sure it have matlab code

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you so much for your kind responses. Shall look to it.
      regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..

well guys,I think we could just add a new module , i.e. the channel fading model only. The parameter of FSO channel could be turned off as if it didn’t exist. Then the MATLAB module could be called. This way I think it should work.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

And could any one of you please tell me how am I suppose to receive notifications for new comments on a topic I have not started but participated in?

Regards.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi naazira,

see below (just above where we attach files to posts) at the web page there is:
      Notify me of replies via email:

click on that, your email will get every notification of who has commmented on the post you are intersested in ,
      with regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

okay Aasif. Thanks.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome naazira

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Prakash.

Thanks for referring the book. But its eBook doesn’t seem to be available.

Regards.

Hello Aasif bashir dar,

I am working on Channel Modelling in FSO considering the air turbulence, I wanted to use Gamma-Gamma Fading for the same. It would be of great help in my academics if you could share the code.

Thank you.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.