Home Forums KNOWLEDGE Bidirectional Components [Optical System]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Question:

I am trying to use bidirectional fibers to design a nonlinear optical loop mirror, but I have run into some problems. The outputs of the bidirectional fiber are always zero no matter what I change the inputs to. How can I fix this?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Answer:

The most likely error in your design is the incorrect use of delays and initial delay. Every component in OptiSystem requires all of its inputs to have a signal. If the simulation is run and a component is missing an input signal, it will output an empty signal with no values. To perform the simulation correctly either the Optical Delay component or Initial delay option must be used.

Take a look at the example attached, “Nonlinear Optical Loop Mirror.osd”, in this example Optical Delays are used. The delays function by first outputting an Optical Null signal and then on subsequent iterations acting as a transparent interconnect. The number of iterations can be changed in the Signals tab of the global parameters box. A higher number of iterations will allow the simulation to converge to the correct results.

If you would like a further explanation of both the Optical Delay component and Initial delay option, please follow the link below to a tutorial.

https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/lesson-5-bidirectional-simulation-working-with-multiple-iterations/

NISHA N P
      Participant

Sir,
      Can u please resend the attached “Nonlinear-optical loop mirror.osd” file again because i am not able to open it.When i am tring to open it it is showing ‘Failed to download from storage’.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.