Home Forums GENERAL bande width

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi,
      please can any one help me to demonstrate the bande width of 80 GHz shown in the RF spectrum analyser for 155 Mbps data bit rate ? and if we change the bit rate this bande width change. so what is the relation between the tow parameters?
      regards

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Gherbi,

If you want to see the spectrum after the bits are generated, simply use a bit generator and put a pulse generator at the output of it. Now you can see the spectrum using optical spectrum analyzer visualizer. However, the bandwidth would most probably be less than 80 GHz for the bit rate of 155 Mbps.

Regards

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks alistu,
      yes i see, but my problem is how to find a theorical relation between the bit rate and the bande width?
      for example : for 155Mbps we see Bmax= 80 GHz;
      for 1Gbps we see Bmax= 500 GHz;
      for 1OGbps we see Bmax = 5THz;
      how calculate this values by theory.
      regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome. Can you please give a reference on the examples you mentioned about the relation between bandwidth and the bit rate? I think some values you have mentioned are far greater than the actual values of bandwidth for the corresponding bit rate. Of course, in WDM a gap between channels is also considered in channel spacing.

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi alistu,
      the examples are attached.
      regards

alistu
        Participant

In the attached files, you have used sine generator with a definite frequency, so this has nothing to do with bit rate. And the frequency spectrum does not take up that much bandwidth; It is more like an impulse. The frequency range shown in the OSA corresponds to your samples per bit parameter in layout parameters. Besides, you can easily change the frequency range in OSA.

+1
      Jamal
      Participant

Alistu
      What is the relation of spectrum frequency range and sample rate ? Is it half ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.