Home Forums SYSTEM 2 D graph in Opti Sys 7

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Hi every one !

I am making a 2D graph in opti sys 7 as explained in the tutorial but after sweeping the parameter and going into report layout all the icons in Project Browser are off or u can say that they are not working. Further, any of their sub icon is not opening due to inactive mode of project browser.

I am attaching pic of the project browser.

Kindly help me, how can i come out of this problem and make project browser functional.

i wil be very thakful to u for ur this act of kindess.

best Regards
      Best Wishes

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Install optisystem 7 on windows xp, the icons in the project browser will be unlocked
      my compliments

Joseph Jiang
      Participant

I think you can run the optisystem in a compatiable mode.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

@ Heitor Galvao !

SO hw can i make it functional ?

any procedure or way so that i make project browser of opti sys 7 on windws 7 active ??

Best Regards

@ Joseph Jiang

What compatible mode ? kindly eleborate it ……

I want to make projt browser active so kindly help me for making it active …

Best Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Did you install the full version of OptiSystem 7? Did you modify the library at all?

Ravil
      Participant

Can you also tell me the number/name of tutorial you are doing so I try to check it for you?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

See which is an old 7 version of optisystem 2008 then you have problems in later versions of windows as 7.8 and 8.1 and windows xp is an old version where the optisystem 7 is compatible

siva rama krishna
      Participant

After selecting in compatacompatiable mode,project browser is enabled.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

@ravil

yes i instal complet v and yes i have modified the library’s bin folder.

I am working on tutorail Voulm 1 given on the optiwav website and i am also sharing the link below.

It is on the page 75 lesson 4 sweep

https://www.scribd.com/doc/140339524/OptiSystem-Tutorials-Volume-1

Best Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

@ Heitor Galvao

u mean i should install opti sys 7 on window Xp for making project browser active.

Am i correct ?

Is there any othr way of making project browser active in Window 7, because i hav installed it in window 7 ??

thanks for ur kind help.
      Best Regards

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Yeah BilaL Aziz, I installed windos xp, then 7, and actually optisystem released the project browser, never used this compatibility mode, the interesting thing is that you have solutions here at the moment, a Tip If your notebook, for example has a 1Terabyte you repartition your HARD DRIVE, for example creating a 100 GB partition, and install windows xp, for example, only a little more work, then install the optisystem 7.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

@ Joseph Jiang and siva rama krishna !

i have done the way u showed me in the pic but still project browser is inactive.
      i don’t know y ?

i have mark the Window 7 option on compatibility mode because i have installed opti sys 7 on window 7. i am also attaching pic of this as below.

i have also tried other options instead of window 7 like Window Xp etc for compatibility issue but still it didn’t work.

kindly help me so that i can come out of this trouble.

thanks for ur kind support.
      Best regards
      best Wishes

Attachments:
        Joseph Jiang
        Participant

IN MY PC ,IT DOES WORK WHEN I SELECT THE COMPATIABLE MODE LIKE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3.HAVE YOU TRIED IT?

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

yes Joseph Jiang, Now its working.

Thanks alot for kind suggestion.

Best Regards
      Stay Bless

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Unable to unlock the project browser of optisystem 7, for this compatibility mode?

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Heitor when i used window 7 in compatibility mode my project browser were inactive but when i used WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3 in compatibility mode it become active.

I hope it wil also work for u.

Best Regards

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Good to know that there is more than one solution
        my compliments

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Goodnight BIlal I test the solution using Windows Service Pack 3 by using the compatibility mode as you can see in Figure 1, and really the browser project was unlocked as you can see in Figure 2, more when I use the following Parameter tutorial project Sweeps BER x Input Powe as example to test the report of optisystem 7 that lets you plot a parameter in another function parameter doesn’t work at all, now I raise the question: does this compatibility mode? my laptop is new. Or the problem would be in windows seven I am using?
        my compliments

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

I tested the compatibility version on the same laptop, with another version of windows 7 and it worked, I believe the problem is in windows 7 version.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.